When you are unavailable or you are on vacation or if you want to send a generic message from a support email address then you can use Email Autoresponders tool offered by cPanel. Here you can configure an email account to send automated emails.
In the last blog we have discussed about Email Routing which is an interface that is used for routing domain’s incoming mails to a specific server. You must have come to know that in today’s Blog we will be discussing about Email Autoresponders tool in cPanel.
As discussed above, if you want to use Autoresponders, then go to cPanel ==> Email ==> Autoresponders. Once you select this option then following screen will appear:
Here you will find various options like Managing, Modify/Add Autoresponder and Current Autoresponders. Let’s discuss them in detail:
Managing:- To view the autoresponders for a specific domain on your account, select the desired domain from the Managing menu.
Modify / Add Autoresponder : –
While configuring autoresponder you can use following tags to insert into the response email:
%subject% : – It is the subject of the message sent to the autoresponder.
%form% : –It is the name of the sender of the message received by the autoresponder if available.
%email% :- The incoming email senders address.
When you select “Autoresponder” option then following screen will appear: –
For adding or modifying an Autoresponders perform following steps:-
- Select the domain for which you want to add Autoresponders from the drop down menu of “Managing” option.
- For adding autoresponder click “Add” but if you want to modify then click “Modify” next to the Autoresponders option.
- Character Set: – Select the desired character set from the list of character set before proceeding further otherwise you will lose your changes.
- Interval :- Here you are required to enter the number of hours to wait between responses to the same email address.
- Email : – Here enter the email address of which you want to respond.
- Domain : – Domain name will be automatically selected by the system.
- From : – Here you are required to enter the username which you want to appear in the response.
- Subject : – Here enter the subject which you want to appear in the response.
- This message contains HTML :- If your message contains HTML tags then select this Checkbox.
- Body :- Here enter the text of the message for the response.
- Start time: –
Here you have 2 options : 1. Immediately and 2. Custom
If you select custom option when a small calendar will appear, using navigation select particular month, start date then select time in AM or PM. For saving these configuration, click anywhere outside the calendar and thus the changes will get saved. This chosen date and time will appear next to the “start” option.
- Stop time: –
Here also you will get two options : 1. Never and 2. Custom
If you select Custom option then a small calendar will appear. By navigating select the month and the date and also select the time in AM or PM. For saving the configuration click anywhere outside the calendar and close the calendar.
- Click “Create/Modify” for saving the autoresponder.
Current Autoresponder :-
This option is used for finding an autoresponder’s specific email address, enter a keyword in the Search text box and click Go.
Remove an Autoresponders : –
For removing an Autoresponder perform following steps: –
- Click Delete next to the autoresponder that you wish to delete.
- Click “Delete” for deleting the autoresponder.
Web Hosting USA