Since last few blogs we have been discussing about how to use and setup various tools in cPanel which in turn will help us in managing the websites or Blogs. So let’s have a quick reminder to our previous Blog which was on “Know How To Setup Email Autoresponders in cPanel” in which we discussed about Email Autoresponders, which helps in configuring an email account to send automated emails when you are unavailable or you are on vacation or if you want to send a generic message from a support email address.
Now Let’s discuss about Email Default Address tool in cPanel. This feature is used to set up a email address that receives emails that are send to an invalid email address for your domain.
For selecting this option go to cPanel ==> Email ==> Default Address. You will see following screen :
Here you can various options like Default Address Maintenance and Advanced Options. Let’s discuss them in detail
- Default Address Maintenance :
Perform following steps for setting up default address:
- Send all unrouted email for the following domain: – Here select domain for which you wish to set a default address from the drop down menu of “ Send all unrouted email for the following domain”.
- Here you will find two options : 1. Discard the email while your server processes it by SMTP time with an error message. Failure Message (seen by sender) and Forward to Email Address. Forward to Email Address.
- Select any one option out of them.
- If you select “ Discard the email while your server processes it by SMTP time with an error message. Failure Message (seen by sender)” then it will send an error message to the sender. Here you are required to enter the error message in the given text box which can be seen by the sender.
- If you select second option i.e.” Forward to Email Address. Forward to Email Address” then you will be able to forward the email to another email address. In the given text box enter the email address or your cPanel accounts user name.
- Advanced Options :
When you select this option you will following options:
Let’s discuss these options in detail:
- Forward to your system account “System Account” : – Select this option to forward mail to the system account.
- Pipe to a Program :- Select this option to forward messages to a program at the path that you define in the available text box.
- Discard (Not Recommended) :- Select this option to delete incoming messages and do not send a failure notice.
Web Hosting USA