Next tool offered by cPanel is Email Forwarder about which we are going to discuss in today’s blog. In previous blog we have discussed about Email Accounts option. Let’s see what this tool offers us:
This feature allows us to create an email address to forward copies of incoming mails to another address. You can also Trace the emails as well as you can also delete the email address.
Follow these steps for opening the screen of Email Forwarder:
cPanel==>Email=>Forwarders. When you click this option, following screen will appear:-
Here you can see various options. Let’s discuss them:
Managing : –
This option is used for selecting a specific domain for which you are trying to manage the email forwarders. Select the domain from a drop down list for which you want to configure the email forwarders.
Create an Email Account Forwarder:-
It create the list of all the email addresses that use forwarders that redirects email to another address. Here you will see two buttons : 1. Add Forwarder and 2. Add Domain Forwarder.
Add Forwarder : – When you click “Add Forwarder” option then following screen will appear:
Let’s discuss the various options on this screen:
Address to Forward: – Enter the email address for which you want to forward the email.
Domain : – Select desired domain from the drop down list.
Destination : – Here there are two radio buttons :1. Forward to Email address and 2. Discard and send an error to the sender (at SMTP time). Failure Message (Seen by sender)
- Forward to Email address : –Select this option if you want to forward the email to another address.
- Discard and send an error to the sender (at SMTP time). Failure Message (Seen by sender) : – Select this option if you want to discard the incoming email and send a failure message to the sender. Enter the Failure message which you want to send to the sender in this text box.
If you do not select this option then you will see a message as : “No such person at this address”.
Advanced Options: –
When you select “Advanced Options” then few more advanced features will be made available to you.
The advanced options are : 1. Forward to a system account, 2. Pipe to a program and 3. Discard
Let’s see each of these two options:
- Forward to a system account :- You can use this option for forwarding an incoming email to a system user, here you are required to enter the use name of the system.
- Pipe to a program : – Here you are required to enter the path of a program relative to your home directory for forwarding the email to a program.
- Discard: – This option is used for discarding an email without prior notice.
Click “Add Forwarder”.
- Add Domain Forwarder :-
If you want to send all email for a domain to a single email address then by using this tool you can change the default address for that domain i.e. in addition to forwarding individual email accounts you can forward all email from one domain to another.
When you select ” Add a New Domain Forwarder” then following screen will appear:
Domain:- Follow the below steps for adding a new domain forwarder:
- Select the domain to which you want to add a Domain Forwarder from the drop down list.
- Enter the another email address for that domain.
- Click ” Add Domain Forwarder”.
- Click ” Go back” for returning to the previous screen of “Forwarders”.
When you return back to the “Forwarders” screen you will see following option on it:
Forward All Email for a Domain:
Here you will get list of all the domains for which you have added forwarder.
If you want to delete a domain forwarder click the “delete” option next to that domain.
Web Hosting USA
Please fill in your email address to get most latest updates.