Autoresponder is nothing but an automatically responder. This feature can be configured to automatically send response messages. This can be useful when the recipient is unavailable. When an auto responder is active, emails received will go to the inbox as usual.
Auto Responder is a cPanel mail feature that can be configured to automatically send predefined response messages to anyone who sends mail to a particular inbox.
The cPanel interface provides a table that lets you view, edit, or delete existing responders. To quickly find a specific email address, type a keyword in the Search field and click Go.
Steps to Create AutoRespondor:
Below are the required steps to create an auto responders from the cpanel:
- Log into cPanel of your hosting accont
- In the Mail section, click on the Auto Responders icon.
- Click Add Auto Responder.
- In the Character Set drop-down menu, select a character set for the email. (UTF-8 is the most commonly used and recommended.)
- In the Interval field, specify the number of hours you wish for the autoresponder to wait between responses to the same email address. (In other words, how long it waits to reply with a second auto-response to the same sender. This way, if the same person emails you multiple times, they don’t instantly get multiple auto-replies.)
- In the Email field, type the beginning part of the email address for which you wish to create an Auto Responder.
- In the adjacent drop-down menu, select the domain for the email address.
- In the From field, enter the name that the auto-response will be from.
- In the Subject field, provide the subject you would like the Auto Responder to contain.
- Click the HTML checkbox if the body of the email will contain HTML. If you leave it unchecked, HTML tags will show up as plain text in the auto-response.
- In the Body field, provide the body of the message you wish to be sent in the Auto Responder. You can use tags to insert information:
- %subject% – displays the subject in the body of the email
- %from% – shows the name of the sender Auto Responder is replying to
- %email% – shows the sender’s email address
- Select a Start and Stop time.
- Click Create/Modify.
Auto Responder will promptly begin sending replies from the email address you specified based on the start time you selected.
Remove an AutoResponder :
To delete an auto responder:
- Click Delete next to the appropriate auto responder.
- Click Yes to confirm that the responder should be deleted.
- If you wish to keep the auto responder, click No.
Please fill in your email address to get most latest updates.