1) connect your VPS with cPanel via SSH.
2) Run the following command to disable cPHulk for 5 minutes
3) cPHulkD will stop until chksrvd starts it back up again within 8 minutes.
4) Enable before chksrvd starts its back up, run the following command
cPHulk Brute Force Protection – cPHulk
Brute force is an attack (hacking) method that involves using an automated system to guess the password to your web server or services. cPHulk provides protection against brute force attacks.
cPHulk will protect POP3 and IMAP against brute force attacks if you use the Dovecot mailserver. Also, cPHulk will protect other services on any mailserver that you use against brute-force attacks.
Important: cPHulk will not protect POP3 or IMAP against IP-based brute force attacks if you use the Courier mailserver. Courier does not log the IP addresses of failed POP3 and IMAP logins.
1) Log into WHM as the root user.
2) Type in cphulk in the Find box at the top-left, then click on cPHulk Brute Force Protection.
3) If you’d like to use the default Settings, simply click on Enable at the top.
4) You can modify the options in the Configuration Settings tab to adjust how cPHulk will handle blocking IPs.