The two-factor authentication in cPanel is an improved security measure that requires two forms of identification i.e. your password and generated security code.
When a two-factor authentication has enabled an app on your smartphone supplies a code that you must enter with your password to log in.
For enabling the 2FactorAuthentication to perform the following steps in WHM:
- In WHM: Set the 2-factor Authentication Security Policy to toggle on under the >> two-Factor Authentication Interface.
i.e. Log in to WHM >>Security >> Two Factor Authentication >> Following Interface will appear>>
- Grant the 2-Factor Authentication to the desired users in WHM’s Manage User’s Interface
For configuring 2-factor authentication perform following steps:
- Click Set up 2-Factor Authentication, also it is required to link your cPanel account and 2FA app.
- For automatically creating the link scan the QR code with your app.
- For manually creating the link enter the provided account and key information in your app.
- Open your 2FA app for retrieving the six-digit security code.
- It generates a new six-digit security code every time for your cPanel.
- Enter this six-digit security code in your Security code text box.
- Click “Configure 2-Factor Authentication”.
Remove 2-Factor Authentication :
For removing the 2-factor authentication click “Remove Two Factor Authentication”
Reconfigure 2-Factor Authentication:
For Reconfiguring 2-Factor Configuration, Click “Reconfigure”.
Please fill in your email address to get most latest updates.