If you have a domain, you need a host to host a website aka domain. Web Host gives you a certain amount of storage aka Servers on the Web, where the body of your website, its files, applications, and facilities used are stored. These things are later viewed on the interwebs!
Some Extra facilities given to clients by the Web Host are monthly backups, security firewalls, 24X7 Helpdesk, domain registration, site creation apps, and utilities.
In a case, wherein you are now getting a domain and hosting a website for the very first time, get them both from the one and the same company. Doing this will guarantee that your domain is easily configured with your hosting service account.
You can purchase yourself a domain and cheap web hosting from different service providers, such as Hostripples. Because you might know that Hostripples has a very good record in terms of providing quality service at the lowest costs. Hostripples is an Ideal Hosting provider for a newbie to host a website having some to none of the technical abilities! The one-click application set up is available here for very easy user experience and thus you can manage and host a website at a very cheap price along with:
- 24X7X365 Technical Support
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Unlimited Email Accounts
- Unlimited Storage
- C-panel/Plesk Support
- One-Click Installation (430+ application installer including but not limited to WordPress, and more)
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
Follow the given below steps to host a website.
A. Firstly determine what kind of website you want.
Mainly there are 2 kinds of Websites:
These are really easy to make a website, with a little to some knowledge of HTML, you can make one page or more pages. You can make them on your PC with applications like Dreamweaver and afterward upload the pages to your host’s server utilizing FTP application, (for example, FileZilla). Whenever you have to make changes to your site, you’ll need to alter the pages on your PC first and upload them again. Since they can’t be dynamically changed, such sites are called static websites. Static sites are less expensive than dynamic sites but aren’t accompanied by constrained facilities and no choice for e-business or intuitiveness.
These are the types of websites on which the content gets altered all the time for the different visitors. It makes use of Client and Server-side scripts to generate and update content. Client-side scripts, which run on a client’s PC, are fundamentally utilized for appearance and association purposes. Server-side contents, which dwell on a server and are broadly utilized by E-commerce and social networking sites, enable clients to have singular records and give an altered response to every other client. Dynamic sites are CMS-driven and enable you to add and alter content directly(for example content, videos, photographs, and designs), also lets your guests leave remarks and start dialogues. Dynamic sites are perfect for big organizations and associations. Instances of dynamic sites incorporate web journals, forums, photograph galleries, and shopping websites.
* Installation of any Web-app like WordPress, Joomla, Magento, and more, may sound difficult, however, it’s definitely not. Hostripples enables you a single click establishment of web-app and gives support every minute of every day all 365 days to make hosting a website easier.
B. Picking a Hosting Server
Dissimilar to static HTML websites which could be hosted on most web servers, but for web-apps, there are mainly two sorts of hosting stages. Based upon your hosting needs and what you’re prepared to deal with, you can have:
Linux Hosting, which permits running scripts written in PHP, Perl, Python, and different Unix-started languages, and always keeps up with PostgreSQL and MySQL databases. This is the most ordinarily utilized framework today.
Windows Hosting, which permits running ASP scripts using .NET and different Microsoft technologies, and has Microsoft SQL Server and Access database.
*Grab any Linux hosting or Windows hosting, using the same OS you use at home or at work will help you in ease of work. In the event that your site doesn’t need any scripting help, in that case, Linux hosting will be a cheaper option. But, if your site needs scripting and database support, pick the hosting plan that supports the OS you use.
C. Select Your Web Hosting Plan
You will get a wide variety of facilities in web hosting, for example,
- Shared Web Hosting: In shared hosting, you get the physical server which also is used to host other sites. In any case, you will have your very own different account (verified with login accreditations). This kind of hosting is truly reasonable due to the fact that the expense of working the server is shared among all the other Websites.
- Dedicated Hosting: Dedicated Hosting gives you a whole server for yourself, along with making it quicker, highly secure, and pricier. It is the perfect solution for bigger organizations and Heavy load sites since it takes into account the most extreme customization, adaptability, establishment, and configuration.
- VPS hosting (Virtual Private Server Hosting): In VPS hosting, each site is put on an extremely high power server that is separated into a few virtual compartments. The server coding is set up independently so every unit can work autonomously. This should be your favored choice in case that you have heavy-security needs and if you prefer not to invest in a quicker (yet costlier) dedicated server.
- Cloud Hosting: Cloud Hosting has many virtual servers that cooperate with each other to host a website or a bundle of sites. It gives the boundless capacity to deal with unexpected congestion points. A cloud-hosted site isn’t constrained to only one server, and the assets assigned to it can be scaled powerfully, it is conditional upon how much congestion you get. It’s an incredible choice for big sites, including online shopping sites, news sites, and web journals.
*Many people start with VPS (or even shared) Hosting and change later as their business develops. VPS hosting gives you proficient web hosting capacities than a dedicated server at a very lower cost.
D. Changing address of your DNS:
As you have acquired your web hosting plan, you will get Name Servers (otherwise called Domain Name Servers or DNS) – which is what might be compared to a telephone directory that has IP Addresses.
To get started with your website, you have to modify your domain’s Name Servers. It’ is an easy, yet required advance for you to begin.
- Go to your Domain cPanel
- Sign in to your account with your username and passcode.
- Select the Domain Name of which Name Servers are to be altered.
- In the Domain Registration area, select the Name Servers alternative.
- Change the current Name Servers by the Name Servers provided from the Hostripples and select the Update Name Servers button
In a case where you already have registered to another Hosting service, you might need to login to their cPanel, modify the Domain’s name servers, by new ones given by Hostripples. Be that as it may, if your domain is as of now utilizing the Name Servers of the other Hosting provider, you can include a Record for the domain highlighting Hostripples Server IP in the other hosting providers DNS Zone.
After 24-48 hours of you modifying the Name Servers, Domain will start responding to servers of Hostripples.
E. Finally, Transfer the Site:
Here onwards, you will be able to upload your site through your account through establishing a connection with the server utilizing either cPanel’s File Manager or FTP Client, (for example, FileZilla) – hereafter, your site will be live.
This is how you Transfer a Website utilizing cPanel File Manager
- Sign-in into the cPanel
- Select the File Manager Symbol
- Click on Web Root and proceed with Go
- Include all the files and folders under public_html and their particular domain folder.
- This is how you Transfer a Website utilizing FTP Client
You can associate with FTP by means of an FTP program, for example, FileZilla Client. It enables you to watch files and folders on our server like you’d see them on your PC. You can utilize it to move your site’s records into the/public_html/folder.
To interface with your web server by means of FileZilla, follow these procedures:
- Install FileZilla and open it
- Click on Site Manager From the File menu
- Click New Site
- Enter the Name for New Site – such as with your real domain name
- Enter your website’s IP address in the field marked FTP Address
- Check your mail for the username and password you received in Hostripples welcome mail
- Set the Port to 21 (FTP always runs on Port 21)
- Click on Connect
When your FTP is associated, you will see the files and folders of your:
- Local PC to the left side
- Web Hosting Facility to the right side
To transfer records to your Hosting Provider by means of FileZilla, follow this procedure:
- Select the file(s) and folder(s) you need to transfer from the left-hand side of FileZilla.
- On the right side of your Hosting Provider, pick and put the file(s) and folder(s) to the directory area. FileZilla will now begin transferring.
- The FileZilla log will show success after the transferring is done, and your transfers will be seen on the right side.
Congratulations! The site is live Now!