As the title specifies, today we are going to discuss about an interface in WHM known as “Rearrange an Account”.
Before discussing how to rearrange an account, let’s first discuss why is it required to rearrange an account?
It is required to rearrange an account when you are facing the problem of disk space shortage for /home partition on your cPanel server. Now if you have more space available on another partition say /home2 or if you have an additional hard drive, at that time you can easily use this tool for rearranging the partition.
This interface actually moves the data from your /home directory and creates a symbolic link or symlink to the new location which in our case is /home2. We can use this function only on one account at a time.
If there is a script on a hardcoded path i.e. fix data or parameters present in a program in such a way that it is not possible to alter them without modifying the program, then it is recommended that you should update that path for using the new location otherwise the script will fail.
How to access “Rearrange an Account” interface:
Follow the below steps for accessing the “Rearrange an Account” interface:
Log in to WHM >> you will see WHMs’ home interface >> navigate to the “Account Functions” category >> Select the “Rearrange an Account” option>> following interface will appear:
Rearrange an Account:
Let’s discuss how to rearrange an account
Follow the below steps for rearranging an account:
- In this interface you will find a “search” text box option. Using that text box select the required domain name from the “Domains” menu or you can also select a user from the “User” menu.
- Then click “Rearrange”.
- Then select the home directory in which you want to store the account.
The new home directory must exist in WHMs’ “Basic Web Host Manager Setup”.
For accessing WHMs’ “Basic Web Host Manager Setup” please follow the below step:
Log in to WHM >> you will see WHMs’ home interface>> navigate to the “Server Configuration” category >> Then select the option “Basic Web Host Manager Setup”>> Following interface will appear:
- “Additional home directories matching the following value” option can also be used for new home directory creations.
- Also enter the correct location where you want the new users’ home directories to be created.
- Then click “Move Account”.
- Wait for few minutes until you receive a successful message.
Please fill in your email address to get most latest updates.