Ans : The instructions for password protect directory are as follows:
3) Click on the name of the directory that you wish to password protect.
4) Check the box for “Password protect this directory:”
5) Fill in “Name the protected directory”. Actually, this is just the message that will show to visitors when they try to login, and can be anything you like.
6) Click on Save button below.
7) Click “Go Back”
8) Fill in a Username and Password at the bottom of the page, and click “Add/modify authorized user”.
9) After creating your user, click Add and you are done!
Note: This password has a maximum of 8 characters. Any characters typed beyond the first 8 will not be required by visitors.