Leech Protection in cPanel
This feature allows the users to prevent giving out or publicly posting their passwords in the restricted area of their site. This feature will redirect accounts which have been compromised to a URL of your choice and suspend them, if you choose.
If you want to restrict the unusual activities in the password restricted area then Leech Protection tool is used.
For accessing Leech Protection Tool in cPanel
Login to cPanel >> Security >> Leech Protection >> Following window will appear :
For enabling Leech Protection perform following steps:
Click “Settings” option , following window will appear and select the location for navigation from following options:
- Web Root (Public_html or WWW) :
It will begin navigation in the document root for the account’s primary domain.
- Document Root for : Select the domain in your corresponding document root in which you wish to begin navigation.
- Always open this directory in the future:
You can select this check box if you want to configure the interface to always open your selection from Step 1.
- Click “Save Changes”.
Now Please select the folder you wish to protect by clicking on its name. You can navigate by clicking on icons as shown below:
5. Enter the maximum number of logins that you wish to allow each user within 2 hours. You can also redirect the users
6. To disable an account that exceeds the maximum number of logins, select the Disable Compromised Accounts checkbox.
For managing, deleting and editing users perform following steps:
Navigate to a directory that you wish to protect with user-level protection.
– Click the appropriate folder icon to navigate to a different folder.
-Click the desired folder’s name to select it. A new interface will appear.
– Click Manage Users to navigate to cPanel’s directory privacy interface for that folder
Disable Leech Protection :
For disabling Leech protection perform following steps:
– Click the appropriate folder icon to navigate to a different folder
– Select the desired folder name.
– Click “Disable”.
Please fill in your email address to get most latest updates.