How to enable Two Factor Authentication in cPanel
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is an improved security measure that requires two forms of identification: your password and a generated security code. When 2FA is enabled, an app on your smartphone supplies a code you must enter with your password to log in. Without your smart phone you cannot login.
For accessing this tool follow below steps:
Login to cPanel >> Security >> Two Factor Authentication >> Following window will appear
Your system administrator must enable it if you want to use this tool. For that following steps are required to perform:
. Set the 2FA authetication security policy to “ON” in WHM
. Grant the 2FA feature to the desired users in WHM’s Feature Manager interface.
How to configure Two Factor Authetication:
– Click Two Factor Authentication.
– Link your two factor authentication with your cPanel account for configuring it.
– You can scan the QR code with your app for creating the automatic link.
– For manually creating the link, enter the provided account and the key information in your app.
– Open your 2FA app for retrieving the six digit security code. It is important to note that cPanel generates a new six digit code after every 30 seconds.
– Enter this six digit security code into the security code text box. Enter the security code within 30 seconds otherwise that code will get expired and app will generate new six digit security code.
– Click “Configure Two Factor Authentication”
Remove two-factor autnetication
For removing 2FA , click “Remove Two- Factor Authentication”.
Re configuring Two Factor Authentication
For Re configuring Two Factor Authentication click”Reconfigure”