In today’s Blog, we are going to discuss Global Email Filters in cPanel and also going to discuss how to set up them.
Global Email Filters: –
For accessing this option: Log in to your cPanel => Navigate to Email section and =>under it click “Global Email Filters.
Once you select this option you will see the following interface:
So let’s now Discuss What is Global Email Filters?
This feature can be used for creating and managing email filters for your main email account. i.e. this feature allows you to configure how your server filters all of the email that your domain’s email accounts receive.
When you select this option, then a new interface will open up as shown below:
This interface is used for creating a new filter. If you want you can add multiple rules to match subjects or other parts of the message. You can also add multiple actions to be taken on a message such as to deliver the message to a different address and then discard.
- Filter name: – Here enter the Filter name, it should be unique. If you give the same name as another filter, then the previous filter will be overwritten.
- Rules : –
Here you can configure your filter’s Rules and Actions from the various options provided in the drop-down list. As shown in the following screen you can see all the options from which you can select a specific option for setting “From” rules :
- You can set rules by selecting a specific option from the “Contains” drop-down list, as shown below:
- Click “Create”.
- Current Filters : –
It lists all the filters for your cPanel account. As shown below:
You will also get an option for Editing the Filter. If you want to edit the filter then perform the following steps:
Click ” Edit” option next to the filter which you want to edit. The following interface will appear:
- Filter Name: – It will automatically display the name of the filter which you want to edit. Make the necessary changes. Click “Save”.
- Rules: – Here if you want to make changes then do the changes and click “Save”.
- Actions: – If you want to change actions, then make the changes and click “Save”.
Delete a Filter : –
- Select ” Delete” next to the filter name which you want to delete. A new window will appear in front of you, as follows :
- Click ” Delete Filter” if you are sure about it otherwise click “Cancel”.
- Filter Test : –
For testing your filter perform the following steps:
- Enter a complete email message (including headers) in the text box provided below, to see how the system will process it with the current filters in place.
- Click “Test Filter”. The Filter Trace Results text box indicates whether your filters alter the test message’s delivery. The following screen shows the Filter Trace Results:
Visit – Hostripples
Please fill in your email address to get most latest updates.