In this tutorial, we are going to learn about MySQL Wizard tool in cPanel, in continuation to our previous topic which was “MySQL Databases“. It is similar to the MySQL Databases tool, the only difference is that here you are creating MySQL Databases and new database User, step by step. Following is the screen of MySQL Database Wizard.
Step 1: Create A Database:
For creating a new database you are required to follow the below steps:
- New Database: In this text box you are required to enter the new database name.
- Note: The size of the new database name should be 54 characters max.
- The new database name will be represented as the Username_newdatabse name. For Ex: if you enter a new database name as “ABC” then the created database name will be: Username_abc.
- Then click “Next Step”.
Then you will receive the following message:
Step 2: Create Database User:
In the above screenshot, you can see the message about successful creation of the database.
Follow the below steps for creating Database Users :
- Username: Enter the username in this text box. Note that the size of the username should be 7 characters max.
- Password: Enter a strong password using Password Generator.
- Password (Again): Confirm the Password.
- Click “Create User”.
Please fill in your email address to get most latest updates.