The last Blog was on How to check Email Disk Usage in cPanel, which was the last feature offered under Email section in cPanel. In those blogs, we have completed every tool offered by Email feature in cPanel and how they are useful for the website management.
From today we will be discussing various tools offered under Security feature of cPanel. So let’s first discuss IP Blocker tool in cPanel.
IP Blocker :
This feature allows you to block an IP address or a range of IP addresses to prevent them from accessing your site. You can also enter a fully qualified domain name and the IP deny manager will attempt to resolve it to an IP address for you.
For accessing this feature :
Log in to your cPanel >> navigate to >> Security >> Under it you will find IP Blocker. Once you select this option following screen will appear :
Add an IP or Range :
Perform following steps for denying access to IP address or range of IP addresses:
- IP address or Domain Text Box : Here enter the IP address or the range of IP address in the given “IP address or Domain Text Box”.
You can specify denied IP addresses in the following formats:
- Single IP address : like 192.168.0.1
- Range : like 192.168.0.1-192.168.0.40
- Implied Range : like 192.168.0.1-40
- CIDR Format : like 192.168.0.1/32
- Implies 192.*.*.* : like 192.
Then click “Add”.
You will receive the following message
Currently-Blocked IP Addresses:
This interface lists currently blocked IP addresses and ranges in the table:
Let’s discuss each column:
- Server Settings : It represents the IP addresses which are blocked.
- Beginning IP : If the client has set a range of IP addresses then this option will represent the beginning of the range.
- Ending IP : This option will show ending IP address from the range.
Actions : –
Here you can remove an IP address from the list of blocked IP addresses. Once you select this option then the following interface will appear :
for that you need to perform the following steps:
- Select “Delete” Option next to the IP address which you want to unblock.
- Click “Remove IP” otherwise click “Cancel”.
Visit – Best Web Hosting Company IN USA