For managing the settings of the spam filters for your email accounts, this tool is used. It identifies the bulk emails more commonly called “Spam”. It then sends it to a separate folder i.e. Spam Box or automatically deletes it from your account.
For accessing this tool:
Log into your cPanel >> Email >> Spam Filters >> Following screen will appear:
Process New Emails and Mark them as Spam:
This option is enabled. It identifies the suspicious email messages and marks them as a spam. Then the server will update the header of new messages whose spam score exceeds 5.
This feature is enabled by your hosting provide by default, you cannot disable this feature.
Automatically delete new spam (Auto-Delete):
It is by default disabled, but if you want to automatically delete spam messages then enable this option. It permanently deletes new emails with a spam score greater than the auto delete threshold score.
Here you will see “Configure Auto-delete settings” option. If you select this option then a new interface will appear as follows:
- Automatically delete messages with spam scores that meet or exceed the Auto-Delete Threshold Score. The Auto-Delete Threshold Score does not affect the Spam Threshold Score. In the screenshot you can see that “Auto- Delete is currently disabled “If you require, enable it.
- Click: “Return to “Overview” ” for going back to “Overview” screen.
- Additional Configuration (For Advanced Users):
Most users do not need to customize these configurations.
Here you will see one more option: “Show Additional Configurations “
Show Additional Configurations: –
When you select this option then the following interface will appear:
Whitelist (Emails always allowed): –
It tells how many whitelisted items you have. In our case, there are 0 whitelisted items. The spam filters will always allow these items.
If you want to Edit Spam Whitelist Settings then click “Edit Spam Whitelist Settings “,
a new interface will appear as follows :
- Here configure the whitelist for Spam Filters.
- If you want to add a new “whitelist_from” Item, then select this option and following new text box will appear :
Here enter the Spam Whitelist Items i.e. White_from item.
- Click “Update Whitelist (Whitelist_from).
· Blacklist (Emails Never Allowed):-
This option will show how many Blacklist Email Items you have. In our case, as there is no item under blacklisted items. So it is showing “You currently have 0 blacklisted items.
The spam filters will never allow these items.
If you want to modify Spam Blacklist Settings then select “Edit Spam Blacklist Settings”.
The following interface will appear:
Spam Blacklist Items (blacklist_from): –
Here add the new “blacklist_from Item” by selecting “Add A New “Blacklist_from “Item, a text box will appear as follows:
- Spam Blacklist Items (Blacklist_from) blacklist_from: -In this text box add a new “blackist_from” Item.
- Click “Update Blacklist (blacklist_from) “
- Click “Return to “Overview”’ for going back to the “Overview” screen.
Calculated Spam Score Settings:-
It will tell you how many calculated spam score customizations are there on your account. In our case, there are no calculated spam score customizations on our account. Therefore it will show a message as “You currently have 0 calculated score customizations on your account”.
Here you will one more option: “Configure Calculated Spam Scores Settings “If you select this option then the following interface will appear:
Configure Calculated Spam Score Settings: –When you select this item then a new text box will appear as follows:
- Scores: – Select an option from the drop-down list.
- Add A New “Scores” Item: – Here you can add a new Scores Item.
- Note: – Certain spam score testing keywords may offend some users, so proceed with caution.
- Click “Update Scoring Options”
- Click “Return to “Overview”” for going back to the “Overview” window.