Install Node.js From Source
The following steps to install Node.js From Source
1) Open a new terminal tab on your CentOS 7 machine.
2) Run the following command to download the archive file which we need to use for the installation.
3) Eextract the tar file
tar xvf node-v0.12.0.tar.gz
4) Use the following command to change the working directory to node.
Before compiling our code we need to install some packages in our CentOS machine that will help us to do so.
1) Opened tab of your terminal enter the followings.
sudo yum install gcc gcc-c++
2) Wait for these packages to install
3) Run the following commands to configure and compile
Don’t worry if the above takes some time to complete because the compilation will take awhile.
4) Use the following command to install Node.js on your system.
sudo make install
Once the installation is finished
You can start using Node.js and to make sure that the correct version is installed you can use the following command in order to check it.
Please fill in your email address to get most latest updates.