What is MODx?
MODx is an open source Content Management System and Application Framework. Initially inspired by Etomite 0.6, MODx is an ongoing project written by Raymond Irving and a core team of contributors at the MODx Project. MODx is distributed under the GPL license and is now run by a professional team of developers from all over the world.
How to Install MODx using Softaculous in cPanel
Follow these steps to install MODx using Softaculous
1) Login to the Cpanel
2) Click on the Softaculous icon in the Software/Services section of cPanel. The Softaculous installer page appears.
3) Go to the top right corner and click on the Search field. type modx and then press Enter.
4) Go to the top right and click on the blue button labeled Install.
5) Fill out all of information the boxes.
6) In Directory type the name of a new directory you would like created.
7) By default, the box will be left blank to install the software into your main directory.
8) When you are finished, Click Install.
9) Then you will get a confirmation page of your installation.