Perl Module installation
For accessing this tool :
Login to cPanel >> Software>> Perl Modules >> Following window will appear :
“Perl Module” Installer :
Perl modules are collections of functions that allow you to perform tasks in Perl. You will need to install a Perl module before you can use it inside a Perl program. Note: Modules are installed directly from the CPAN repository.
You can extend the cPanel and WHM’s functionality using Perl Module. AS mentioned above you can add functions using Perl modules in cPanel and WHM.
Module Include Path :
Using Your Perl Module(s) :
Your Perl script needs to know how to find the modules in your path. You can do this by adding one of the two choices below to the top of your script:
Install from WHM interface :
For this use WHM’s Module Installer
or using command line :
Find a “Perl Module”
For finding a “Perl Module” perform following steps:
– click “Search Available Modules”
– New interface will appear.
– You can see a table containing Module Name, Description and Actions as shown below:
– Install Action: For installing the perl Module select the required module and click “Install” . A new window will appear showing processing as follows:
– Once the installation gets completed you will receive “Completed” message. As follows:
Installed Perl Module(s):
Here you will see list of all the installed Perl Modules as follows: In our case we have installed module : AAAA::Crypt::DH . This you will be able to see in the following list of installed Perl Modules;
If you want to see Docs related to the installed Perl Module showing information regarding Name, Synopsis, Description, Author and License etc. can be seen here.
Various actions in Installed Perl Modules :
1. Update : If you want to update the installed Perl Module then this option is used. Once updation process gets completed it shows message as “Completed”.
2. Reinstall : This option is used for reinstalling the Perl module. Once reinstalled it will show message as “Completed” and “Successfully installed AAAA-Crypt-DH-0.06 1 distribution installed “
3. Uninstall : This option is used for uninstalling the Perl Module.
4. Show Docs : This will show all the details about the installed Perl Module Like Name, Synopsis, Description, Author and License etc.
Please fill in your email address to get most latest updates.