In this blog we will know How to Setup FTP in Webmin. Without wasting time lets’s dive in
FTP stands for file transfer protocol, and along with telnet and SMTP is one of the oldest protocols still in common use on the Internet. ProFTPD generally uses a single configuration file, found at /etc/proftpd.conf. This file is made up of directives, each of which usually occupies a single line and has a name and value.
How to Setup FTP with ProFTPD in Webmin
1) log in to Webmin
http://xx.xx.xx.xx:10000 (maybe https:// for Debian/Ubuntu system)
2) Access the Webmin Modules option via Webmin > Webmin Configuration
3) Select Standard module
4) Click the button on the right of that option
5) Choose: proftpd
6) Click Install Module
7) After installation, click Refresh Modules
8) Click Create a new user accessed via System > Users and Groups
9) Provide a username for what is to be your Setup FTP account
10) Select Normal Password and provide a unique, complex password for the account.
11) Select a custom home directory.
12) Otherwise choose to Create a home directory near the bottom of the options.
13) Select New Group with the same name as the user
14) Click Create
You should be able to access FTP with the username and password you selected, using your server’s IP address as the host.
If still you face any issues in setting up your FTP Account, please reach us at Hostripples support team. Our Support team will be happy to help you.