MOODLE : Moodle is a free software e-learning platform, also known as a Learning Management System, or Virtual Learning Environment. As of June 2013 it had a user base of 83,008 registered and verified sites, serving 70,696,570 users in 7.5+ million courses with 1.2+ million teachers. …
Moodle Installation :
Moodle can be installed manually or using the auto script installer library ie Softacoulos and it can be in few simple steps.
Moodle can be installed on the server which support’s apache/php/mysql services
Disk space: 160MB free (min). You will require more free space to store your teaching materials.
Memory: 256MB (min), 1GB (recommeded). The general rule of thumb is that Moodle can support 50 concurrent users for every 1GB of RAM, but this will vary depending on your specific hardware and software combination. This includes hosting limits of PHP or MySQL on a hosting service.
Installation using Softaculous :
1) Click the Softaculous link under the Software/Services section:
2) Enter Moodle into the search box located at the top right corner. Then click the Moodle option from the drop-down:
3) Click the Install button for this application:
4) Select the domain prefix you wish to use.
5) Select the domain you wish to use.
6) Enter the directory you want the application to be installed. If you the application to be installed in the root of your website, leave this blank.
7) Enter the data directory you wish to use.
8) If you would prefer to set a custom database name, you may set it here. Otherwise, you may leave it as is.
9) You can set a custom cron job directly from this section. If you don’t know what to place here, you can leave it at its default.
Please be aware that as per our resource usage guidelines, no cron job is allowed to run less than 15 minutes apart on our share servers.
10) Enter the Site Name and Description you wish to use.
11) If you would prefer to set a custom database table prefix, you may set it here. Otherwise, you may leave it as is.
12) Enter the Administrator details you wish to use. If you would like to generate a random password, you may click the key icon to do so.
13) Select the language you wish to use for your site.
12) Click the Install button.