OpenKM is an Open Source, Web-based DMS (Document Management system) that can be used as an alternative for commercial DMS solutions such as Sharepoint, Hummingbird and Documentum etc. It works well on multiple operating systems such as GNU Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and Solaris.
1) OpenKM requires java, and install it with the following command:
sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk openjdk-8-jre
2) Check the installed Java version using command:
openjdk version “1.8.0_45-internal”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_45-internal-b14)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.45-b02, mixed mode)
3) Download the latest OpenKM community version from here.
4) Downloaded installation file using command:
5) Run the following command to begin installation.
6) Click Forward to continue.
7) Accept the License Agreement and click Forward
8) Select the installation directory and click Forward.
9) Setup is now ready to begin installing on your computer.
10) Click Forward to begin installation.
11) Please wait few minutes while Setup installs OpenKM on your system.
12) Click Finish to complete the setup.
Congratulations! Now, OpenKM has been installed successfully on your Ubuntu system.